Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

Update:

Nudge was adopted by my co-worker who has been lobbying her husband for a few months for a kitten. He was so dirty when I saw him, I didn't see any real patterns in his fur. He has diamond shapes on his back. Looking at this, they thought about naming him diamondback, but opted to think of something related to that. Going in the initials in diamondback (D.B.) they decided on the name "Cooper". He has a good home, and I'm happy with that. That was all I wanted for the little Nudge.

On to the new...

Today was Sprout's first day of school. She was all raring to go, sat at her desk in Kindergarten, and started coloring the picture that was left there for her to color. She had he lunch in her backpack (clear plastic, per school board requirements for security), and was totally engrossed as Redd and I made our exit.

Redd on the other hand... Well, I'll say there were fewer tears than I was expecting.

Other than that, Redd and I are looking to buy a house. This would be our first (to own). Our search was brought on by our landlady deciding to sell the one we are renting right now. In our search for a new place, Redd called a number from an ad that caught her eye. The number was a California are code.

Turns out the house for sale in the ad, belonged to the grandmother of the guy in California who was selling it. Further, it turns out that the guy selling it is a mortgage broker that Redd went to school with and was really good friends with, back in the day.

Long story short, we went from wondering what we were going to do to having a chance to cut a really good deal on our first home purchase. And as a special bonus, the home is a literal stone's throw from Sprout's school.

If every there was a proof that it is a small world (and not because of the Internet. This whole transaction has been over the phone prompted by a newspaper ad), I got it. Also if there was ever need to wonder if God works in mysterious ways, I got that too.

No comments: