Saturday, August 4, 2007

Life in the turn lane...

It seems that many people do not grasp the concept of a double turning lane, which is to say more than one lane at an intersection dedicated to turning left.

Many people move from the right-most turn lane at the start of their turn into what would be the left-most one at the end of the turn. This normally wouldn't be a problem, unless you are the unlucky schmuck who started his turn in the left-most lane.

And then saw the pick-up truck that pull a lane change into the right-most driving lane at the end of the turn, where he would have ended up had he stayed in the same turning lane in which he started.

Add to that the number of people (better than about 85% or so in Northeastern PA) who think that cruising across empty parking spaces in a large lot trumps drivers who are actually driving in the correct driving aisles. If I had a nickle for every time I got a dirty look, yelled at, flipped off, and generally disrespected for following the proper driving rules by some idiot who thinks that they have right-of-way because they are who they are, I wouldn't have to consider putting per-click advertising on this blog (not that anyone reads it. But I digress).

The more drivers I encounter, the more I love the fact that my 5-year-old doesn't know how to ride a bike. The longer I can spare her from having to deal with said idiots, the saner she will end up.

I hope.

No comments: